Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Tap Ko Choy....What the heck is it?

I was out grocery shopping the other day and came across an interesting looking choy (vegetable).
I've never eaten this before........let alone try to cook it.



I am imagining it to be like most choys.....but then again, it might have some sort of strong bitterness or something to it.

The choy was all bagged up and I really didn't have the gall to rip open the package. They were already giving the hairy eyeball for snapping photos.  This Tap Ko Choy looks like it grows in a clump, like lettuce.  The stalks are a similar to bak choy.


If you have had this, please share how you prepared it.  I suppose I could wok it up with a bunch of garlic, but if there is a special way of preparing this......I'd love to know.  Google wasn't much help here!



7 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, what the heck is it? I thought you would buy it and cook it. Hope you do! :-) Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it's a type of Bok Choy call Takuchoy. Here are some links.

    http://cooksencyclopediaa.blogspot.com/2009/10/values-in-bok-choy.html

    http://www.tainongseeds.com/

    RW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi RW
    Thanks for the info. I guess it's quite mild tasting if it's a relative to Bok Choy.....I'll give it a try soon and report back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post, I really like it. Thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. see Appearance: Cheap Taps surface chrome plating is very particular, usually through several processes to complete. Distinguish between good or bad depends on its shiny Waterfall Taps extent, the smoother the surface, the brighter the better representative of the Kitchen Sink Taps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers
    Bathroom Sink Faucets

    ReplyDelete